Monday, November 26, 2012

Honey Do!



We have been suffering through a series of sore throats in our house. I have taken to hot tea and honey for relief.  The huge honey jar on my counter left me thinking of other honey uses.  And I know this really seems too easy to be considered a recipe, but it is a nice way to dress up some fresh bread.  I have been known to always balance out my sweet with salty, so enters the sea salt!  Give this one a try, you won't be disappointed.

Salted Honey Butter

Ingredients: 
  • 1 stick of Unsalted Butter, room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon of Grade A Honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt
Preparation:

1.  Whip the unsalted butter using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until soft and fluffy.  Make sure the butter is already room temperature, this will help make the whipping process faster.



2.  Add Honey and Salt with the mixer running and whip for another 1 minute until all of the honey is fully incorporated.


 3.  Place whipped butter in a ramekin and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.  Serve at room temperature with fresh bread or cornbread.




Click Here for My Printable Recipe

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This looks absolutely delicious. I am going to try it on my fresh homemade bread! Thanks for sharing.
Sharon
http://wheatfreelivingandme.blogspot.com